12/30/2009

2009 in Movies

The movies I can remember seeing in the theater in 2009 in order from best to worst:

1. Precious
2. Jennifer's Body
3. The Hangover
4. Up in the Air
5. New Moon (or Twilight 2 as my ticket stub read)
6. 17 Again
7. District 9
8. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
9. An Education
10. Post Grad
11. Obsessed

Considering that I walked out of Precious with the most visceral of emotions clouding my entire being and a need for several stiff drinks, it is easily the best movie of the year. I might have put Jennifer's Body as number one, but I saw it post-cocktails and didn't feel the need for another one afterward. 17 Again was way better than New Moon but Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner's abs surpass Zac Efron and Matthew Perry in the babe department so New Moon takes it. (Could I be any more on the money?) I also thought An Education was the worst movie of 2009 but then I remembered how painful Post Grad was to sit through. Lastly, Obsessed was terrible on every level imaginable but its most redeeming quality, the winking blue smiley face sent via email, also made it a contender for the number one spot.

No comments: