8/02/2011

Suzanne Coady

I came to the realization awhile back that I run with some incredibly talented, clever people who constantly serve as source of inspiration to me. I know that sounds beyond contrived, but it's true. I wanted to take the time to call out each and everyone of them on here as a thank you. Seriously guys, thank you.

First up is my friend Suzanne Coady:



I met up with Suzy not too long ago for a belated birthday brunch. I had missed her official dinner for which she made individual gift bags for each guest. Here is mine:





My bag was filled with all sorts of lovely items. My favorite part, except for the candy (duh), was this crazy shrinky dink pizza man with a magnetic back. Here's the pizza guy chillin on my refrigerator at home:



The pizza guy, I realized later, is actually part of a painting that she made previously:



For those of you not in the know, pizza is my absolute favorite food. I especially like pepperoni pizza from Grandma Rose's on Meeker. I really like it when they put giant pepperoni slices that cover all of the cheese, and then I go ahead and cover it all up with parmesan. Here are a couple more of my favorite things Suzy has made:





My absolute favorite thing on Suzy's site is this gallery of cat drawings.

You can see more of Suzy on her website, Girly Handwriting. You can also visit her blog and her etsy shop.

1 comment:

Christel said...

Wow I really like her designs too! It reminds me of this video I saw once:
http://vimeo.com/7172042
I guess the illustrator's name is Ian Stevenson.

Very cool nightmarish style!