4/11/2011

Hope Springs Eternal

So Spring is like literally and figuratively a period of rebirth and renewal, right? Well, I like to take it a step further. I happen to injure myself physically in order for both my mind and body to renew. Let's look at the past:

May 18, 2009: I was attacked by Lyssa's cat, Moustache, and sustained some brutal bruising and deep scratches. The thing wanted me dead. I have the scars to prove it.

April 17, 2010: I fell on the corner of Meeker and Union, two blocks from my house, on my way home from a party in Bushwick. My ankle proceeded to swell and bruise to a size never seen before. I'm fairly certain it was a sprain, but I never went to the doctor to confirm. I wasn't able to walk for a few weeks, and it still aches to this day.

April 7, 2011: I was walking down Rivington in my brand new heels thinking that I was the raddest chick on the planet. The universe was all "no, you're not," and I proceeded to fall flat on my knees. You can see the skinned knees and bruises at this very moment!

No comments: