4/06/2011

Scream for the Green Machine

I wanted to post about this yesterday, but I decided that it deserved its own post. Last month, I went to see the New Jersey Nets play against the Los Angeles Clippers. My friend told me early in the week that she had heard that it was going to be the birthday party for Sly Fox, the mascot for the Nets. I got pretty excited because mascot birthday party games are kind of a big deal in the NBA. I was hopeful that my favorite mascot, Stuff the Magic Dragon, might make an appearance, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw a tweet by Stuff saying that he was in NYC killing time before Sly's birthday party the next day!



What?! Stuff?! I couldn't contain myself, so I threw a tweet in his direction.



Why I didn't tell him to come hang out with me, I'll never know. I suppose it didn't really matter too much because you know what happened? Stuff tweeted back at me.



...and also started following me. Have you ever had that kind of moment when you knew that you had finally arrived? Yep, pretty satisfying, isn't it?

No comments: